Austin, Texas native with a passion for live music and anything entertainment!
In 2016, I made the best decision of my life to move from Austin to Los Angeles to pursue my passion for law, specifically music and entertainment law. I am fortunate to have a variety of experiences in the industry which have given me the tools and knowledge to be a rising legal star. My clients see me as a trusted advisor who provides expertise to creative entrepreneurs, entertainment entities, and music artists across all aspects of the industry.
I have a broad range of legal experience spanning more than a decade. After many years working as a paralegal, I realized my calling was to make the transition to entertainment where I could combine my passion with my hobby. During law school, I interned at Music Sales Corporation (now Wise Music), an indie music publisher. I also gained experience in a breadth of transactional matters and intellectual property at New York City-based boutique law firm, The Fried Firm, where I worked with artists, producers, entrepreneurs, and movie production companies to name a few. After that, I worked at Yu Leseberg, a reputable Hollywood firm, where I was exposed to an array of Billboard Hot 100 artists. I was also an associate at HBK Lawyers, a plaintiff’s law firm that handles employment and habitability cases.
I graduated from Southwestern Law School with a concentration in Entertainment and Media Law. During law school, I was actively involved in campus activities, serving as President of Entertainment Law Society and President of Music Law Society. I also was selected to be a Law Student Reporter for the 34th Annual (ABA) Intellectual Property Law Conference (ABA–IPL) in Arlington, VA, held April 2019.
MISSION: To align my clients with strategic and innovative legal solutions tailored to meet their individual needs so they retain full focus in their creative process and feel empowered in their career.
VALUES: Empowerment, Courage, Adventure, Wisdom, Collaboration, Organization, Innovativeness, Fun
BAR ADMISSION: California
- Law Office of Melanie Rodriguez, Esq. (DTLA), Founder/CEO
- HBK Lawyers APC, (Glendale, CA), Law Clerk/Associate
- Yu Leseberg (Hollywood, CA), Law Clerk
- The Fried Firm PLLC (DTLA), Legal Intern/Post Bar Law Clerk
- MusicSales Corporation (Santa Monica, CA), Copyright Extern
- Texas Medical Board (Austin, TX), Legal Assistant
- Mehaffey Weber, P.C. (Austin, TX, Legal Secretary
- Komie & Morrow, LLP (Austin, TX), Paralegal
- Mueller Law, PLLC (Austin, TX), Legal Assistant
- Germer PLLC, formally Germer, Gertz, Beaman & Brown (Austin, TX), Clerk
- Office of the Governor of Texas, Constituent Services Intern
Juris Doctor, Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, CA
Master of Arts in Legal Studies/Paralegal Certification, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business, St. Edward’s University, Austin, TX
- Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- GrammyU (LA Chapter)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (ELIPS)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
FUN FACTS ABOUT YOURS TRULY:
- I play piano, clarinet, and bass guitar.
- My favorite genre of music to listen to is 90s Alternative Rock and to jam to is Classic Rock.
- My favorite band is Third Eye Blind.
- I enjoy traveling and adventure.
- I am an avid music festival goer.
- My favorite color is purple, and yes, my bass is purple too.
- I have been a winning contestant on the game show, Let’s Make A Deal.
- I have the most interesting chihuahua in the world, little miss Coco.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of, does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.